Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Pefect Pair

In the past few months I have been on the hunt for the pefect pair of riding boots for this winter season. Every store I walk into and every website I am on I have been checking to see if they have the pair of boots that will grab my eye and be the perfect fit. Unfortunately, every place I have looked I have had no such luck finding them.

Going into the search I had some negativity bias. The past few pairs of boots I have owned from a particular brand have been very uncomfortable and not durable at all. This has taken that brand off of my possibilities list and kept me from even considering them. This brand is a part of my inept set and although I do not want to purchase that specific brand, I still use them as an information source and comparison tool. Because I have had some bad boots in past it has helped me know what attributes I am looking for. Throughout my searching experience I have been making judgments on which boots I like and don't like based on cost-benefit analysis type of thought pattern. I consider a variety of attributes when looking at different brands of boots such as style, price, comfort, and quality. By considering all the attributes, I am able to add up all the things like about them as well as what I do not like and see if positives outweigh the negatives. In this purchasing decision, without even realizing it, I have been using a Compensatory brand model called the Multi-Attribute model.

Just as I was beginning to lose hope, yesterday I walked into a store with amazing holiday sales and as I glanced towards the shoe section, there they sat. They were the last pair in the store and just so happened to be my size. I considered all the attributes and realized that the positives far exceeded any negatives. I purchased the boots as happy as I could be. After months of hunting, I had finally found my perfect boots! Since my purchase, I cannot stop telling people how much I love the brand. My level of satisfaction is causing lots of positive word of mouth that may at one point affect another person's judgment of the brand  and cause them to buy a pair themselves.


1 comment:

  1. I too had a similar experience but in my case it was finding the best and most affordable DSRL camera for my photography class. Like you, I did extensive research but could not find one that I liked. Eventually, it came down to a Nikon model and the Canon T3i. Looking back, it seems that I also applied the Multi-Attribute model because I considered the attributes such as lens adaptability, stability of shots, batteries, and price. In the end, I bought the T3i. Furthermore, since the performance exceeded my expectation, I tend to also use positive WOM and advice other students who will take to photography to consider the T3i.

    ReplyDelete