Thursday, November 29, 2012

Only for an Xbox...

Last year, my brother and I thought it would be a great idea to go Black Friday shopping.  We had one goal: obtaining an Xbox 360 with a Kinect.  On our way to go shopping, I already had a felt endowment toward the Xbox, and knew we would be able to purchase one, not knowing what I was actually getting myself in to.  However, when we got to the store, it was a totally different story.  There were people in line for hours, waiting outside in the cold to buy different electronics for a great price.  During this time of waiting, I weighed the good attributes from the bad, and decided this would be a great purchase.  When we finally got up to the counter to buy our item, it was $100 more than expected!  However, we still bought the Xbox due to social influences, and I have had post-decision regret ever since.  My brother, though, had post-decision dissonance for a while, but now he doesn't think anything of it.  I was very dissatisfied with the whole experience, and my expectations were higher than they should have been.  The moral of the story is to never go Black Friday shopping with just one goal in mind because it might not turn out exactly as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment