Friday, December 2, 2011

Past Experience with Friend

Looking at my life, I would say that I am the farthest thing from being a compulsive buyer. Shopping does not make me happy, and if I do not have money, I do not even go into a store where I know I am going to want to buy something. If you asked my family they would tell you that I am very tight with my money, I try to save every penny I can so to speak. I have always been that way I can never remember myself always wanting to go buy certain things, I never really got into that. When I was in middle school, I had a friend who was my neighbor. We went to school together and played on the same basketball team. However my friend was a compulsive buyer. He was always going to stores and buying things, most of the time he was buying things he would never use, he bought them just to buy them. When we would hang out he would always be talking about the next thing he was going to buy. Unfortunately he never always had enough money to go out and buy the things he wanted. We were in Wal-Mart one day just looking around after practice and he was acting weird, so when we left I asked him if he was okay. He looked at me and smiled and pulled something out of his pocket that he had stolen from Wal-Mart. I naturally asked him what he was doing, why did you steal that? His response was I did not have enough money to buy it, and I wanted it so I just took it. He explained how easy it was, and he had been doing it for a long time. I said so "your just gonna steal things you want but cant afford?" He said why not, its so easy to just steal it and walk out with it. So after that day I never went back into a store with him, where it was a possibility where he could get me in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment