Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Season

My wife and I have been married for just about a year and a half in December, and one of the main things I have noticed since being is that we are poorer than we have ever been. It has been really tough for us because we both like to give gifts. It is especially difficult around the holidays. Her birthday is always right around Thanksgiving and then Christmas comes along and it's tough to get her the things she wants, and it's hard for her to get me the things I want too. We have always had enough money for groceries and bills and gas, sometimes it was a much tighter month than we would have hoped for but we have never gone without. I think it's just crazy when I hear about all the chaos that goes along with Black Friday and the shopping season during Christmas. So many people get upset when they don't get the deals that they want, but what they don't realize is that they're lucky to even have to money to spend on those deals. So many Americans today forget how lucky they really are. Appreciate the small things, it makes life much more enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting how black friday and chirstmas have become more of a time to impress others rather than just revel in the fact that you're spending time with family and loved ones. In our family, we celebrate christmas, but the gifts border along things we need and most of the time is just spent with our loved ones. I don't think black friday is viewed as a time that money can be saved, moreover who can get how much of what for who

    ReplyDelete