Thursday, December 1, 2011

Buying a Lens for a Camera

Continuing with the theme of cameras from my last blog, I currently have a problem with my camera. I have two lenses, one for close-up, and one for distance. I have to change the lens every time I want a certain picture; my problem is that I don’t want to be changing my lenses when I could be taking pictures. I am going to London and Australia, so I don’t want to miss a good photo opportunity because I’m switching lenses. I have decided to look for a new lens that is the combination of these two.

I continually receive emails from Roberts about deals that I can receive. They have realized that photography is my lifestyle and it falls within my activities and interests. I received an email about Black Friday, but wanted to see if they had any other deals. They have a deal for the lens that I want and it lasts till December 31st so I didn’t have to make my decision right then.

I have been thinking about this for awhile. My father has been helping me with it. He has bought cameras in the past and knows a little more than the average person. I asked him to assist me in this process; he helped me find the lens that I would want. He used his informational influence to help me make my decision. I don’t want to spend too much money on this and have a limit for how much I do want to spend. I have looked at new and used lens prices as well. This is where gender difference comes in. As women, we do deliberate and through research before making a decision, and I did all of this before making mine. I definitely fall under the category of Millennial since I am technologically savvy when it comes to my camera and I am shopping for myself. This is my money and my decision.

I have decided to buy the lens even though it is a little more than I want to pay. I have learned that what I perceive to be the benefit is outweighing my decision of how much I want to pay. I have realized that sometimes the more money you put in, the better the benefit will be. This is what I am hoping will happen with this lens!

1 comment:

  1. I would have to agree in your decision making process. It’s a communal trait but a lot of women tend to make decisions after over analyzing every possible detail and deciding if it’s the best result for the problem. The targeting of the black Friday email you received took into account of already being interested in their products and obviously looking to score a good deal soon. Being a millennial also played a role in how the company selected to channel their advertised message to you. Hopefully you are satisfied with your purchase.

    ReplyDelete