Friday, October 28, 2011

What Goes On In The Front Row

I am currently sitting in the Consumer Behavior classroom, discussing with those sitting around me how our blogs are due on Monday and how we need to get them done. While we are discussing this, Misty pulls out a pack of Extra Kiwi-Watermelon gum and starts to describe how bad it is, how the flavor doesn't last more than five minutes, and how she really regrets her purchase. Brennen and I, being the CB nerds that we are, start talking about buyer's remorse and reference groups. Professor Colvin walks in smiles at our conversation and how well we can implement it into our lives. I then realized how I could use this situation for blog! Misty bought this pack of gum, most likely because she saw an advertisement for it, or she was attracted to the bright packaging or the description of the flavor, and since this particular pack of gum is a low-effort purchase, she didn't give much thought of investing $1.50 into this purchase. All of her steps of the decision process went rather quickly...except for the end evaluation. Her buyer's remorse is so strong that it was brought up in casual conversation. Her negative word-of-mouth has convinced me that this brand and flavor of gum is not worth buying, and Extra gum has lost one more customer. Also, she gave me a piece, and I can attest that this is not the best piece of gum I've ever chewed. So there you have it. The decision making process, buyer's remorse, and reference groups all in a few-minute conversation before Consumer Behavior class. That being said, I should probably start paying attention now, because we have a test on Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment