Monday, October 31, 2011

Staying Dry

During the course of my first three years at Anderson University I would always find myself unprepared for a rainy forecast. I have never really owned a legitimate rain coat and have always found myself without an umbrella. This previous summer on a drizzling afternoon I stumbled upon the Moosejaw outdoor gear website and decided it was time for me to purchase a rain coat that would keep me dry during my long journeys to class from my off campus home. When comparing rain coats there were a lot more factors that came into effect other than price, brand familiarity, performance and color during my decision process. My overall mood was a key factor because during the time of my online purchase it was raining outside and felt the need to get a rain coat that would keep me warm and dry. Another contributing factor was my prior brand elevation. When comparing similar brands such as Moosejaw, North Face and Patagonia having prior knowledge or opinions from friends and reading reviews helps the selection process immensely. Having prior knowledge to a certain brand can also generate a negative bias and give more weight to the negative information. After getting past the psychological components of making a purchase I decided to invest in a lime green Patagonia goretex raincoat to keep me dry during my journeys to class every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment