Monday, October 31, 2011

One Dirty Fish Tank

If you do not know me, you may not know that I have a slight obsession with fish. The whole "Finding Nemo," "fish are friends, not food," that applies to me.
Well, like any fish tank, mine got dirty. If you know anything about fish tank filters, you know that each brand of filter system has a specific cartridge for that brand that replaces the old ones. I ran out of the cartridges. I went to Wal-Mart, where I usually purchase them, and they were sold out of the size that I needed. I had to go to Meijer to see if they supplied that brand. When I got there I discovered that they did not. My boyfriend had to buy me a new filter system just because they did not have that specific brand size anywhere. I did not realize until it came to buying a new filter, after having to do this once before, that I had become brand loyal to the brand of filters I had bought since I had never wanted to try a new brand. It was also just a habit, but I knew I would have to try a different brand. Well we had to throw out the old system, since it was disgusting, and replaced it with a much cheaper one. We are college students so sometimes you have to settle on cheaper products. I had to satisfice since they did not have the brand I used. This new filter did not work very well. I ended up having to buy a whole new filter system just because the new one we had bought was so awful. I now have a pretty nice filter system that extensively filters the water. Through this experience, I have had some buyer's remorse with the cheap filter system. In the end, I realized that I needed to search for the filter system with the attributes that I wanted. I found a great product that is still working!

No comments:

Post a Comment