Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Candy

Over the weekend I got the chance to go home and see my family for Halloween. It has been a while since i have been home, so it was good to see everyone. During my time at home, our town had our annual Halloween festivities. We have a parade in town where all of the kids dress up in their costumes and walk down the main road in town. After this everyone sits out on their porch and passes out candy as the kids come around, door to door. Well we got about an hour into passing candy out, and my mom realized that she did not buy enough candy to last throughout the designated time period the kids had to come door to door. So my mom asked me to run to Wal-Mart and get some more candy, while she stayed and Continued to pass out what was left. As I get to Wal-Mart, I'm thinking I'm just going to grab a couple bags of whatever is available, and then head right back. Well as I was looking, my favorability took over and I found myself searching the shelves for the candy that I liked, knowing that I would be eating some of it as I continued to pass the candy out when I returned home. As I was walking down the aisle, of course there are bags of candy stacked head high on each side. One of the first bags I seen was Kit-Kat, and I realized that I used to love Kit-Kats but I don't eat them anymore because I ate too many of them that the taste is boring to me now, I was wore out on Kit-Kats. I kept walking down the aisle and found bags of Reese Cups. I remember that I always used to love getting these when I went door to door. The reason I love Reese Cups so much is because when I was a kid, those commercials would always come on television, about your favorite way to eat a Reese's, so everytime after that when I went to the store I would always get a Reese's. So I picked up a couple of bags and got ready to head to the checkout line, but before I walked away I realized that it was Halloween. So, because I was in the "candy eating" mood, I picked up one more bag for myself, and then headed to the checkout line.

1 comment:

  1. I found this to be a very relevant post because we all have our favorite candy that we enjoy from time to time. I thought Brock brought up a good point regarding how he had developed a taste aversion to kit-kats due to the amount he had consumed as a child. I guess too much of a good thing really is bad and also shows how marketers need to be careful to not overflow the consumers with ads even if the product is very inviting.

    ReplyDelete