Friday, December 10, 2010

Picking The Right TV


So my brother just graduated from college last year and recently got his own place. He now has most of the essentials a bachelor would need, a microwave, kitchen utensils, living room suit, bedroom suit and etc. But there is one thing he felt he was missing, a nice flat screen TV! In wanting to buy a new TV my brother set out to do some research. It is amazing because I don't think I can ever remember him doing this much research on wanting to buy something. I personally have a 40" 1080P Samsung LCD myself and definitely meets my dorm room needs. The first thing my brother was thinking about was what size of TV he would need for his living room. He has a rather small living room so he was looking for something medium size somewhere around a 32" size would be suitable for him. He decided that 1080p was not all that important for him and that 720p would meet his needs. My brother told me he had around a $500 budget to work with and wanted to make sure he got the best for his money. I went with him to Best Buy back home in Michigan to take a look at different options they had available. He narrowed it down to two options. He was interested in the Samsung model#LN32C350D1D and an LG model#32LD400. Both TVs had a very good consumer reviews, but the LG stood out to him more because it was cheaper and was 1080P compared to the Samsung which was only 720P. In the end he left with the LG TV. I have followed up with him and he was very satisfied with his purchase. I just think it is amazing when we have the ability to purchase something expensive and complex like a TV, we make sure to put effort into getting the one that is right for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment