Friday, December 10, 2010

Harry Potter: My Current Obsession


I love Harry Potter just as much as any other person. Harry Potter is currently my favorite movie/book series. However, it wasn’t always that way. When Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone first came out in theaters, my fifth grade teacher read the book to our class and then we went and saw the movie. For some reason I wasn’t that into it, and I didn’t actually jump onto the Harry Potter bandwagon until my freshman year of high school. Something just clicked in my head that didn’t back when the Harry Potter craze first started, and I became a huge fan really fast. So now, if asked, anyone that knows me would probably say that my love for Harry Potter is more of an obsession… and it’s a little bit true.

The Harry Potter movies were definitely great purchases for me. I literally watch them all the time, so I didn’t waste my money, and I just love them. I have a few movies that I regret buying, just because I never watch them and they’re just taking up space. But out of all of my movies, I watch the Harry Potter ones the most. You know how there are just some movies that never get old no matter how many times you watch them? Yeah, that’s how all of the Harry Potter movies are for me, especially the first one. My fascination with the first movie led me to go see all of the five other Harry Potters, buy them when they came out on DVD, and get a bunch of other Harry Potter merchandise. So, I would definitely say that out of most of the things I have purchased in my life, the Harry Potter movies have been the best purchase I’ve made.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I love Harry Potter as well. And I too have purchased every single Harry Potter movie/book. I think once you start, you are just hooked for life. (I guess that's just my inner nerd speaking) But it's good to know that I'm not the only one who has Potter on the brain since the DH Part 1 came out a few weeks ago. It doesn't help either that these past few weekends all the movies have played on ABC Family. It's like once one of the movies come out the Harry Potter craze starts all over again and people are stuck watching and talking about it for the next few months. haha-but I don't complain, I love it.

    ReplyDelete