Sunday, December 12, 2010

Connectedness Function and my family traditions

Seeing as Thanksgiving just came to pass, a post on the connectedness function seemed appropriate.
My family loves to eat. We also love to be loud. Needless to say, my family LOVES Thanksgiving.
We all demonstrated this importance and connectedness through the fact that every year, when plausible, we travel from all over to meet for Thanksgiving. We talk and laugh and listen to the same album every year (The original soundtrack to Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat musical). We argue about pointless topics and eat lots of food.
We also cast lots for Secret Santa. Basically, since my family is pretty big, what we do is put names in a jar and everyone draws a name. The name you draw is the person you buy presents for.
We have done this every year for as long as I can remember. It is a tradition that contributes to our family connectedness and we all guard it fiercely.

1 comment:

  1. My family does a lot of the same things for Thanksgiving. I had aunts and uncles and cousins fly to Indy from Califonia and also Colorado!

    ReplyDelete