Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas


Christmas time is the time for joys, excitement, love, kindheartedness, and peace. But to me with Christmas coming to me brings a lot of headaches and pains. This is because for the most part I am a good gift giver but when it comes to my dad year after year it never fails I never know what to buy him. My dad is the kind of person who if he wants something he will most likely go out and buy it for himself. So when it comes to buying him Christmas gifts I never know what to get him because if he wants it he will buy it and if I get him a gift he does not want he will not hesitate to return it. So when I go into the stores looking for gifts for him I never know what to get him and then that just brings frustration because he is very difficult to shop for. The last 2 years I have though found out what gifts to buy him for Christmas and that would be Anderson Raven attire from our bookstore. Freshman and Sophomore year I have bought him a golf polo and a hat, and each year he has liked those. But now I am to the point where I kind of want to try and get him something else like not from the bookstore and see if he likes it. I have been doing my research and my dad is a big bike rider and he pretty much has it all except for a cordless air compressor to pump up his tires when it gets flat. He is always getting flat tires and is always having to use the foot pump to pump it up and that takes a lot of work sometimes, but with him having this it will eliminate all that effort that he has to put into it. This is the gift that I want to get him and there is no way that he can take it back because it is the perfect gift for him!

1 comment:

  1. Every year it always seems to be hard to find a gift for my father as well. Every year I ask him what he wants for Christmas and he always tells me world peace, so since that happened each year I will ask him besides world peace what would you like for Christmas. The usual response is I don't know I will get back to you on that one. One year he did tell me that he wanted world peace and a harley davidson motorcycle, so for his Christmas gift I went to a Hallmark store and bought him a small model of a harley. I don't think I will forget that Christmas because he had such a smile on his face. I believe he said to me you can't ride this one, and my comment back to him was you didn't say it had to be one that you could drive, you just said you wanted a harley and I gave you one. Ever since that Christmas, I think my dad is a little more careful of what he tells me he wants for Christmas because I will come up with a creative gift for him.

    ReplyDelete