Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Blue Emblem. Something More?


Man the colts last night win was much needed. I’m not a fair weather fan, but when your team gets in a bit of slump it becomes less fun and more painful. Last nights win showed strength through adversity, which might give them an advantage in the post-season. We’ll see. GO HORSE!


Now, I have only been to one Colts game at Lucas Oil. If you ever get the opportunity, go! It’s pretty amazing. When I went it just reminded me how emblematic the Colt NFL Jersey is. Everyone has one. By wearing our big blue and white, we are all seen as a member of the team. We want to be identified with the team. We want to make as much noise as we can, because deep down we believe we are helping as the 12th man on the field. The sense of connectedness surrounds the stadium, it surrounds Indy, and it surrounds the state.


Last nights, post game conference was funny when Peyton responded to Bob Kravitz question, “People always say, hang in there. I was never out there. I’ve always been in there. I’ll always be in there. Wherever there, I never have left. I’ve kept working” Priceless. But these people are just searching to help, with words of encouragement, even if they don’t really help. We don’t know what were doing. But the connectedness came back at us fans when he spoke that quote. I heard it in, “I’ll always be in there…I’ve never left” That just gives me more comfort and reason to cherish this wonderful Colts team and its Captain Peyton Manning. It won’t last forever. Which means its very precious for all of us fans and I can’t help but think that each and every one of us owns a blue a white jersey, because the value we see in it means something more than being emblematic. We value them as precious, just as we value the team. Who knows maybe we even value them as sacred.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting thoughts man, i've never really thought of how much I value a sports team, but now that I think about it, I do place a high value in the colts. when they win, my week is always more enjoyable, and when they lose, it is worse. Interesting thoughts man

    ReplyDelete