Friday, November 26, 2010

Pre Black Friday Shopping

On the Tuesday before Black Friday my mom, dad, and I went to the mall. Did we buy anything? No, nor did we have intentions to. We knew that there were going to be some great deals on Friday, so we wanted to scope out all of the stores without the entire crowd. We used this time to try clothes on and decided on items that we were going to buy. Now we aren't crazy Black Friday shoppers who go out at midnight for deals or even get up at 4am. We'll roll up to the stores about 10am and see if we are still lucky enough to still get some deals (or if the stores still even have what we want).

I love to shop, but I still get overwhelmed. Black Friday is one of those days. I feel like I need to go shop because everyone who loves shopping goes shopping on Black Friday, but there are so many people that sometimes I just leave because I can't find what I want and the stores are so cluttered. Now I know this is a preconceived notion I have that everyone who loves shopping goes shopping on Black Friday, but I think I go because I want that since of belonging. By going I give myself group membership in the group "Black Friday Shoppers."

I am writing this right before we leave to go check out the deals, and I know some people have already returned from their shopping extravaganzas. You 3am people, more power to you, now we'll see if I can handle at least an hour of this madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment