Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Crazy Fascination with The Polar Express


I like all kinds of movies. I also like buying different kinds of movies, especially when I think I’m getting a good deal on one. Since I’m a pretty big fan of Christmas and some of the movies that are shown around the holiday season, I felt the need to a Christmas movie to my collection. Last year I became obsessed with the movie The Polar Express. I had watched it and really wanted to buy it. So, my motivation for finding the movie was fairly high and searching for it wasn’t really the problem. I found it at the store Half Priced Books for what I thought was a decent price: around 12-15 dollars or below. Since I wanted it so badly, I was willing to pay that amount.

Had my motivation not been so high, I might not have wanted to buy The Polar Express. Of course, I didn’t buy the movie brand new, but I was okay with that. I just really wanted the movie in my hands. I feel that this purchase was well worth it. Yes, it may be a previously viewed movie, but I have watched it a number of times. I thought I would just watch it around Christmas, making it my own little tradition, but then watching it around Christmas time turned into watching it all year long.

Although I’m extremely happy I bought The Polar Express about a year ago, some of my family and friends aren’t as excited about it. I tend to watch it more than the average person should watch any movie, really. But, at least when I watch it in the next couple of weeks, my excuse for watching it will be that it’s getting close to Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment