Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Customer Service

This past weekend, my fiancé and I went out for dinner to TGI Fridays. On the trip there, I called in advance to get our name down on the waiting list. Once we arrived, I came to find that we were not actually on the list at all. So we ended up waiting a bit and finally got a seat. Our waitress was very nice and friendly, and she took our drink and appetizer order. She then came back with our drinks and ended up spilling mine all over the table. It didn’t get on me or anything so I wasn’t upset about it at all. It was no big deal. We then proceeded to order our meals. We had a coupon for buy one entrée, get one free, so we decided to use it. However, my meal soon came and my fiancé’s did not. I waited for a bit for him to get his meal, but it didn’t come out. Finally, our waitressed noticed and went to figure it all out. My finance, not wanting my food to get cold, told me to go ahead and start eating, so I did. To our surprise, the manager came to our table and apologized for the inconvenience. They had lost my fiancés order and were in the process of making it. He offered to make me a new, fresh plate so that we could eat together or an appetizer while we waited, but I had already started to eat and we had already eaten an appetizer. Therefore, my fiancé tried to pull the, “it would be really nice if you could take of the price of our appetizer or drinks” card and the manager said he would see what he could do. Minutes later his meal finally came out. The manager returned and said that he had taken off the price of his meal and appetizer and returned the coupon to us to use again. He also gave us a fifteen dollar gift certificate for our next visit. I was pretty shocked at their generosity. I’ve had things like this happen to me before, but no one has ever resolved it in this way. He was very polite and quick to respond to their mistakes even though we never complained about it. Needless to say, our not so great experience was compensated by how well the manager took care of us. I’m sure we will be returning again in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment