Monday, November 29, 2010

Black Friday

So this past Black Friday I unfortunately went out shopping in the madness because my friend wanted to go out to Aurora Farms which is an outlet mall by my house. He has never been out on Black Friday and I tried to warn him that it is going to be cold, thousands of rude people, and lines out the wazoo but he still wanted to go. So my attempt to dissuade him from going out so that I did not have to failed and we went out about 11:30. The outlet mall is like 10 minutes from my house but because of traffic it took us at least 30 minutes to get there not a good start. Because the parking lot was so full at Aurora Farms we had to park in the condominiums parking lot right next to the outlets and this is where the story becomes fun! As we are walking to the outlet mall we are talking and this old lady living in the condos was standing by her open window and started yelling and cussing us out because according to her we were yelling and people were trying to sleep. She had a very "colorful" vocabulary you could say and after it was all said and done and she threatened to call the cops on us I responded with happy Thanksgiving to you too!

I should have known that was just going to be the start to an awful night and sure enough I was right there were so many people out there that it just made me sick. And the lines that I saw were easily worse then any line I have ever stood in for a roller coaster it was ridiculous! Then to make matters worse the only reason I went out was because my friend wanted to buy some Christmas gifts, but he ended up not getting anything because he did not want to wait in the lines. So I pretty must wasted my night outside getting cussed out and ran over by people when I could have been in bed sleep! So needless to say Black Friday will not be seeing CJ Holmes anytime soon at all.

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha sounds horrible. It’s funny because I was in a similar situation this Black Friday also except I was the one wanting to do the shopping. Well not exactly shopping but I wanted to get one main item which was the Jordan Retro 13s. I didn’t have to look around at stores to find them because my job (Finish Line) already had them in stock. Even though my job had them it wasn’t guaranteed that I would be getting them. My manager said if I wanted them, I had to show up early like the rest of the customers because if I wasn’t there she would’ve sold my pair to a customer. Obviously I was mad knowing that I had to wake up at 3am to get there on time which was 4am to get my shoes, not to mention that I had to work from 12pm until 10pm that same day. My friend and I who also wanted to get the shoes decided it was best that we pull an all-nighter, and that’s exactly what we did. Loaded up on thanksgiving dinner and energy drinks we made the drive to my store to get our shoes. When we arrived the line was ridiculous, well over 100 people and there were only 13pairs of shoes. Thank god I work there because I walked straight into my store with my friend and we got our shoes. The customers in line not knowing that I work there thought I was cutting them and they had some “words” for me. Not only did they have words for me but I also received the death stare when they had seen that I had two boxes of those exclusive Jordan in my bag. All in all I was happy that I was able to purchase one of my favorite shoes, but Black Friday shopping will have to come to a end for me also unless another one of my favorite shoes or something I really like comes out that day. There is just too much commotion and conflict for one person to handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks man! Black Friday was a horrible experience for me too last year! I learned my lesson! I waited all night for a television for my friends parents. Luckily it was the pillow isle where I made my pillow fort but shortly after they told us we could not sit on the pillows. After that it seemed to get very cold because it was a tile floor. I did not get cussed out, so that was good but the 7 hour wait was horrible. My Ipod died and so did my phone eventually. I had a friend bring me Taco Bell later in the night but the overall experience was definitely negative. After I got the television it was impossible to walk with the TV. Full grown adults fighting about little kids toys, it was crazy! So I feel your pain with the experiences of Black Friday, seems that we have both learned our lesson!

    ReplyDelete