Tuesday, November 30, 2010

And I bought them because...?

Sometimes I buy things, and then I wonder what the heck I was thinking. This was one of those times. After my graduation party, my graduation money was beginning to burn a hole in my pocket… so, I decided that I wanted to buy a new pair of shoes. One day my friend and I went to the mall so I could look around and see if there was anything I was interested in. It was summer time, and I would be going to Kings Island a lot, so I figured that maybe I would get some nice tennis shoes or something that would be comfortable to walk around in all day. Then I saw them… a huge green and purple pair of Osiris shoes sitting on display at Journey’s. I bought those dang $90 shoes. That’s right… $90… for a pair of shoes. I'm still not really sure why I thought it would be a good idea to buy those shoes.

The first time I even wore them to Kings Island, I got such ridiculous blisters on my heels that I had to wear flip flops for a few days after. So really, there was no point in keeping them. I found them to be uncomfortable and they just didn’t fit my style. They sat in my room for about a year before I finally decided that I had to do something with them. My younger sister had had her eye on them for quite some time, but since I had put so much money into them, I was afraid to just give them to her. But I figured that I would most likely never wear them again, so I just let her have them. She literally wears them to school every day, so at least my money didn’t go to waste.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean when you talk about buying something that you thought you would use all the time and end up never using them. I have done this with shoes as well, but I feel I do this with my clothes more than anything. I'll buy some shirts that I think I will like and wear often, but then I find out a few months later that I haven't even worn them as much as I thought I would when I first bought them. I think sometimes I like the idea of wearing certain things I purchase, like clothes or shoes, more than actually wearing them.

    ReplyDelete