Sunday, October 31, 2010

Xbox Live Goes Up In Price


Since Microsoft's release of the original xbox, gamers have enjoyed the benefit of playing games online with xbox live. Since the release of the Xbox 360, Xbox live has skyrocket with the innovation of presentation and features it has to offer. Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Video Messaging and the soon to be released Kinect, are just a few features that xbox live has to offer. It has amazed me to see the dedication gamers have to Microsoft and the products they offer. Currently xbox live costs $49.99 for a year gold subscription. With this subscription, you get access to online gaming and downloads, as well as other features that require an xbox live gold account. The biggest competitor of xbox is the PlayStation 3 system offered by Sony Entertainment. The PS3 offers free online game play and the system also offers blue ray playback. So if PS3 is just as good, offers blue ray features, and free online game play, why are consumers still choosing to pay for xbox 360's when they have to purchase a subscription for online game play? What may be even more puzzling is why are people continuing to buy when the cost for a subscription is now going up to $59.99 a year. The only reason I can give is from my personal experience. I am very loyal to xbox, I am not necessarily excited about the rise in price, and I won't have to worry about it for another year because I recently purchased it at the lower price. I love the features xbox has to offer and they appeal to my liking more than that of PlayStation. I feel that until my heuristic of liking xbox changes, I will continue to pay for xbox live and xbox games.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I could not even imagine playing on another system, and I suspect that anyone on the Playstation would say the same. it is funny how they got us to believe that we are paying for a service that others get for free.

    ReplyDelete