Sunday, October 31, 2010

What edition of Call of Duty is right for me?

I am an avid gamer. I love to buy many games at day one. Next week will be the new army game Call of Duty: Black Ops. As I finally came up with the decision to pre-order the game I was faced with a decision. The new game comes in three "editions" that cost between $60-150. the standard, hardened and prestige editions. each one comes with a the standard game but the hardened and prestige come with little bonuses that try to make it worth the extra cash to fans of the series.
But then what edition is best for me? I could use the Disjunctive model based on the price and decide how much am I really willing to pay for this game? I think that 90$ for a copy so the prestige edition is not a choice. Ok so the price for both the hardened and standard editions I am fine with but do I see the value in paying extra for what hardened contains? The hardened edition come with

-Call of Duty: Black Ops full game
- Premium, special-edition SteelBook™ case
- Limited edition Black Ops collector’s medal w/display case
- 4 additional co-op maps not included in the standard edition of the game
- Special Black Ops Xbox Live or PlayStation Home avatar outfit

For $20 more I get all of that? the medal is kinda a funny idea but extra levels to play with my friends? that sounds pretty cool. I think I will order the hardened edition this time. Next month: post purchase

1 comment:

  1. I am really excited for the release of this game. I have been debating on which copy I want to get and I decided on just getting the $60 copy. This is the first time I pre-ordered a game and I am really excited. I do feel the options that are offered are pretty cool but I just couldn't see justifying paying more money for the extra stuff. But everyone has their own liking and their own taste. I am also excited to blog about my purchase of this game and if it was what I expected it to be. We should talk about what are thoughts are here in about two weeks.

    ReplyDelete