Friday, October 1, 2010

A Vile of Energy to Go, Please


I have never really been a coffee drinker. Don’t ask me why. I think it would always upset my stomach or something. It’s always too hot and I always get a mild burn on my tongue afterwards. Now an iced coffee, give me a large, tall, (veinte or whatever it’s called) and a big straw, ahhh. Yeah but those are mostly ice anyways and don’t supply a lot of energy. Why do most people drink coffee? It gives them energy from caffeine. What about people who don’t want coffee or soda, but want a force of energy in there day? Here is a possible target market.

Hello, 5-hour Energy! A tiny bottle of energy that is quick and convenient. Duh! When I first saw them on the shelf by the cashier at a gas station, I thought, “This is ridiculous. Who would pay 3 dollars for this little bottle?” It’s not even a bottle, but more like a vile. Well, I eventually tried one and I must say I am hooked. I feel a little embarrassed even admitting that I drink them because they are expensive. Now I don’t have one every day. I mainly get one when I feel like I’m going to pass out in the middle of the day.

Last year one of my good friends saw that I had one in my jeep and asked if they really work. I told him to try half of it. When I saw him last week, he was telling me how much he loves 5hr. energy and that it helps him get through his workday. Just yesterday I was at a gas station standing in line at the cashier and I noticed the customer (a male, about my age) in front of me put his items on the counter then look and lean to his right to grab one of the tiny red bottles. Right then, I thought to myself, “Okay, I’m not alone”.

No comments:

Post a Comment