Saturday, October 30, 2010

Olive Amazingness


Today i got to enjoy one of the finer establishments of this great city of Anderson going by the name of The Olive Garden. I cant tell you how amazing it was to dive into a meal not defined by fried Haven food or "lets say a quick prayer before we enter" the Market Place. No this meal was different, this meal was even better because my day had been long and we had just gotten done playing a great rugby game in which we won 52-0.



Like most college kids with limited funds, i enter this place fully intending to rock out the soup/salad and breadsticks. Its just a given. However, on this trip i opened the menu to see an amazing picture of their new pasta. This pasta had not 2...not 3...but 4 cheeses, peppers, and shrimp. The picture really made the decision for me. Im a visual person and now being fully familiar to what i was ordering, i felt content and ready to enjoy. I think the picture in the menu really sparked me to make my decision. I was infact going to order something much cheaper, yet my plans changed once i was introduced to this new pasta of perfection.

Analyzing my decision, i obviously used the affect tactic to choose my meal. I might have been variety seeking just to open up the menu in the first place. However, there was definitely no regret or dissonance while i was eating or leaving the restaurant with the group. This new information might even be long term...and that means they just added a long term pasta customer to theyre list. Props to them.

1 comment:

  1. I am such a picture person as well. Nine times out of ten I will usually choose whatever is pictured on the menu at a restaurant. Sometimes I even remember seeing it on a commercial and will order it because I know what it looks like. I guess I just like seeing an image of what I'm about to indulge in beforehand. Or maybe I'm just too lazy to read all the fine detail on the menu. :)

    ReplyDelete