Saturday, October 23, 2010

New Laces..Fo cleats??

The other day during rugby practice, my left cleat's shoe laces were torn completely off. Looking back on the practice..i still have no idea how it even happened but i told myself come saturday morning i was going to fix this little problem. Saturday morning (aka 12 t0 1) comes and i head to MC sports wanting to make this quick and easy. I walk into the store, continue to the back where the shoes are, and see an entire wall of shoe laces. Not a wall of shoes....just laces. I quickly narrowed my search to ones that were missing flowers and rainbow kisses on them as id like to keep my pride on the field. My cleats are red and black so i continued to narrow the laces by color as well, narrowing to three types of laces: flat black laces, red oval laces, and black round laces. The oval was a little bright for my liking and the flat ones i knew would tear easily when making cuts and in rucks. I recognized the black round laces as something similar to what i already had and tested the strength by pulling them hard. I found a pair of similar shoes on the shelf and put the laces up to see if they would fit and what they looked like. I eventually ended up picking the black round laces and they look studly if i do say so myself. I also bought orange and black athletic tap and pre-wrap...whos ready for some rugby?

No comments:

Post a Comment