Friday, October 1, 2010

Finishline my Kryptonite

So a few weeks ago I had my 21st birthday, and since becoming a college student it seems the only thing I ever receive for my birthday is money. Now don't get me wrong, that is by no means a bad thing, but having the extra cash on hand does make things a bit complicated. Seeing as it had been a few months since my last shoe purchase I decided to make my way to the local Finishline, my favorite store, to see if they had any new product that I might like. Of course as soon as I walked into the store I spotted at least 5 pairs of shoes that I wanted, not good. I had to make a phone call, to the person who knows me the best, my Mom, she would know what to do right? After some consoling and encouragement I walked back into the Finishline to continue my search for the ONE pair of shoes I was going to get that day.

There always seems to be a complication, at least when I want to buy something that is new, I want to be the only one to have it and the first to have it. So in order to meet these goals shopping for myself normally takes longer, much longer, than it should; although I always seem to come away content with a smile on face. Deciding on a new pair of shoes that day was no different, I had originally placed a time table on how long I wanted to spend in the store, but that had long pasted and now I was starting to get down to my final few selections. I had a decision to make, a tough one at that, so just like in "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" I used a lifeline and phoned a friend. Derek has the same style as I do and I knew he would be able to help me narrow down my selection to the shoe that was right for me. He did just as I expected and reassured my choice, a pair of beautiful white Nike Air Max Commands.

The salesman didn't have much work to do, I already knew my size, he just needed to walk into the back and get my new shoes for me. I was happy, I got the shoes I wanted and I fulfilled my goals, and as I said before I walked out of there with a smile on my face and feeling very content with my purchase. I just hope I don't get the urge to go back there again anytime soon, because Finishline is truly my Kryptonite.

1 comment:

  1. Wow i am right there with ya on the shoe thing. Now that im older and have sufficient money to actually make decisions...most of my money goes straight to shoes. The only problem with that is you can throw down a hundred bucks easy on one or two pairs of shoes, before you know it your bday back account is gone. Plus i buy shoes that i have no idea what im going to wear them with. Iv got some studly shoes, but if the one shirt that goes with em is already dirty...looks like its not their day. Props on pickin the Nikes tho. Definitely a solid choice

    ReplyDelete