Friday, October 29, 2010

Droid Does


Droid Does

Well, I had been having minimal problems figuring out how to best use my htc Droid Evo from Sprint, and decided that one calm night last week was the perfect time to master my favorite piece of technology. I started with Google, my favorite search engine, and started with the general question “how to use Evo”. This brought up many websites and blogs about what people have found works best on their phones, which were helpful, but more importantly told me what apps were not useful or didn’t work. The thing that I found more useful was a link about good applications for Droids, which instantly peaked my interest. It gave me a list of highly ranked apps that improved functions on the Droid or made them more customizable increasing efficiency. I quickly added these new apps to my phone and spend the rest of my night mastering them. The way this whole adventure applies to consumer business is that the next that I showed my friends at lunch the new apps that I had downloaded. One of my friends had recently purchased an Evo and my other friend has a Droid from another carrier. None the less, they were impressed and instantly added them to their app repertoire. How quickly word of mouth spreads about applications, my initial interest about improving my phone efficiency was from a Sprint commercial about the Evo using qik to live video chat which lead to my search, where I quickly and fairly easily found out what app worked best and then shared it with my friends. The app world is quickly expanding and the phrase “you can find an app for anything” is becoming increasingly true. It was also interesting how frustrated the people around me were becoming who didn’t have a Droid, but a blackberry and an iPhone, because they didn’t have the apps that we did. My friend with the iPhone even continued searching for apps that were in the apple network that were similar to ours and had no success. I am not going to turn this into a Droid is better blog, but I am going to say that the Droid network is working out excellently for me and my fellow Droid users. The Droid is meeting unfulfilled needs by providing ample opportunity and ability to a consumer that has a fairly high motivation to get what they want and quickly in a competing market that seems to be limiting to whom and what they provide.

Droid Does.

No comments:

Post a Comment