Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Choosing the Right Hat

Recently I went with my friend to buy her brother's birthday present. She wanted to buy him a hat. The first thing we had to decide is where we could go to buy it. We thought about going to FinishLine or MC Sports since these are the two sports stores I think of that are in Anderson. But, we ended up deciding on going to the AU bookstore since she could use her Raven dollars to buy the hat. We are all about saving money were we can (even though we aren't really saving that much money since we have already paid for our Raven dollars at the beginning of the year). Once we got to the bookstore there were a lot of hats to choose from. Did we want a black hat or an orange hat? Or maybe a white one? Should it say Anderson University or just AU? Or maybe it should just have a picture of a raven on the front. Also, did the brand matter? Should we get an Under Armor hat since that would be consider more cool by a guy that is turning 15? We narrowed our choices down to the Under Armor hats. But, we were not sure what size to get. She tried on the large and it fit snugly on her, so we decided to go with an extra large thinking that because he is a boy his head would be larger. Finally we ended up with an extra large, black, Under Armor hat with an AU insignia and an image of a raven on it. We made the right decision. His birthday was yesterday; he was very pleased that the hat was Under Armor, and it fit perfectly!

2 comments:

  1. I understand this struggle to find the right hat because last year for Christmas I too was looking in the bookstore to buy my dad a hat, you know to save money. I did not know what I should get him because I wanted to be sure that the hat I got him would be something that he would like. So after searching through the hats that the bookstore had I ended up getting him a black Under Armor hat as well but only because it matched the black Under Armor polo that I got him, and we all know matching is key!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually funny, I am in the same boat as CJ. Last year for Christmas I was at the bookstore looking for a hat to buy my dad for a present. He rarely if ever doesn't have a hat on so I thought it would be a good idea. Therefore, I searched the bookstore for something that I thought he would like and actually wear. Now, I did not get him the Under Armour one, I ended up picking the traditional orange one with the AU on the front. But in the end everyone knows the bookstore is a great place for gifts especially for guys.

    ReplyDelete