Friday, October 1, 2010

Buying New Shoes

About two weeks ago I was working out for my weight lifting class, and I realized that I was starting to get blisters on my feet. I realized that it might be a good time to get a new pair just for working out. I was searching online for some primary data. I always hate buying shoes because of the perceived risk. My feet are wide and just like to cause problems so I am always dealing with product risk. That’s why I was collecting data online. I went to site that explained different feet type. As far as being a pronation, underpronation, or overpronation. The site said that the best way to test this was to do a treadmill test and tape your feet. The site stated that there was a store in Indianapolis, The Running Company that performed this test, so I went there on a Thursday night and the person was very helpful. He explained that I was going to walk on a treadmill and they were going to tape my feet for about 20 seconds. As I was trying on the shoes, I was questioning if this was a good move or not. I was thinking of the financial risk because of not having that much money, but at the same time I was thinking that I functional needed these shoes to protect my feet during my workouts. So my functional needed won over my financial risk because I knew I needed a new pair, and that shoes are usually a good investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment