Sunday, October 31, 2010

Black Ops is on the way!


Living in the dorms I have had a chance to see a lot of consumptive behavior patterns. From clothes, movies, video games, etc, everyone seems to have a pattern of consumption. One particular pattern I have seen and experienced myself is the purchase of video games. Video games offer a form of entertainment, and on my floor they offer a way of finding common interest among the guys on the floor. Currently the "hot" game to play is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. If you were to walk down the hall, you would at least see seven rooms with students playing Call of Duty or some other type of video game. Video games can be very fun but there downfall is they are very expensive, an average new game costs $59.99. You may be asking yourself why would people pour so much money into a video game? I ask myself the same question sometimes. When new games come out, it is common for store such as gamestop and walmart to offer a pre-order on the game. Pre-order for Call of Duty Black Ops was something I was contemplating for the past couple of months. Yesterday I finally brought myself to terms that I wanted the game bad enough that I decided to pre-order it. I only had to put five dollars down to reserve it, which was a bonus because I didn't have to pay for it in full. By pre-ordering the game I am also guaranteed a a copy of it the night it releases. I can honestly say I probably won't do a whole lot the day it releases, I am sure this will be true for most guys on my floor as well. The bottom line is video games are an addicting thing to play and buy, the industry is doing something right, that is why they are still in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment