Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Result of My Impatience

Over the summer, I went to some Journey’s shoe stores in malls close to where I live to find some new Vans. I already have one pair of Vans, so I already knew what size I needed, how comfortable they were and how well I liked the style I first purchased. Instead of the Vans with shoe laces, I wanted slip-on Vans. I can usually handle tying shoes, but I just wanted something different such as a good pair of slip-ons. I knew I wanted a solid color, but preferably not black. So, I began my search for some nice, brightly colored slip-on Vans.

The few Journey’s stores that I went to didn’t have too great of a selection when it came to their Vans slip-ons. I began scanning the racks of shoes which held the poor selection of slip-ons: checkered, white, black, and some that were brightly colored, with a design that was meant to look as though the shoe had shoe laces. I first went back and forth between whether or not I actually wanted to get the checkered shoes. While considering the checkered pair, I automatically associated them with the racing flags used in NASCAR. That thought alone led me to rule out the checkered slip-ons. Then, I had to decide on the white pair. Just like the checkered pair, I had my own thoughts on the white shoes as well. I knew that if I purchased the white pair they would most likely get dirty within no time. Therefore, I ruled out the white ones. I knew I definitely didn’t want the shoes with the fake shoe string design, so I didn’t think too much about purchasing those either. Finally, after looking at the black slip-ons over and over, I tried them on, and purchased them.

Although I didn’t end up finding any brightly colored slip-ons that suited me and purchased the solid black ones instead, I felt compelled to buy them knowing they weren’t exactly what I wanted. I felt I had waited long enough to get a nice pair of some lovely Vans slip-ons and that I couldn’t wait until after school started to get them. I wouldn’t say this purchase is something I regret, but it is something I sort of did on impulse. I could have probably ordered some brightly colored customized slip-ons online, but I wanted them immediately. Because of my decision, I am now in the process of getting used to my solid black Vans.

No comments:

Post a Comment